Welcome to the first of our sprint notes.
For anyone who’s interested in our work around Noise, or who would just generally like to understand more about how development is managed at SocietyWorks, these regular catch-ups will allow you to follow along as we progress through the various stages of making a new service.
So: here’s what we did last sprint.
- Our designer Martin ran workshops with our contacts at Hackney, to find out more about their needs around Noise and AntiSocial Behaviour (ASB) reports.
- He’s written these up, along with our recommendations, and will be sending a report back to Hackney very soon, ready for their feedback.
- We’ve already made progress on what we’re now calling the Noise extension (in that it will be an add-on to the core FixMyStreet Pro service), and we’re now looking specifically at the more delicate area of ASB reports.
- We’ve had some feedback from Hackney on this, but this sprint Martin will be chatting a bit more to the Noise Enforcement team, since they are the ones who deal with ASB issues and know best what they need from a piece of software.
- Once we have that additional feedback, we’ll be looking at how best to incorporate those needs into the ASB development.
Image: Matt Brown (CC by/2.0)